Subscribe Now: standard

Monday, February 4, 2008

The mindset of a successful real estate agent

Ever get up one morning, you get dressed, you put on your favorite slacks and shirt, you look in the mirror and it doesn't look right and it feels horrible. You just wore it the week before and always loved the way it looked and felt but today no matter how you convinced yourself, it just wasn't doing it for you. Then you try on numerous other outfits, without success. You didn't gain or lose any weight, the clothes didn't shrink, it's your mindset that's off!

I get those days usually on Mondays after a busy and frustrating weekend. On Monday's I usually go to my office for Rising Stars, I call it Realtor's Anonymous (a version of AA). It is a support group where we talk about the week before, get new ideas and get energized for the new week coming ahead. Without the support group I would still be in front of my mirror debating which outfit works right for me.

As a real estate agent, it is important that I have the right mindset every day. After all, how am I going to sell a client's home or even show homes when internally I am feeling blah? How does your real estate agent cope with today's market? Gary Keller always says "there is nothing you can do about the market, it is your mindset that needs to change". So yes, you've guessed what I am doing today. After going to Rising Stars at Keller Williams Realty, I am going to clean-up the pile of clothes on my bedroom floor that I have tried this morning.