Subscribe Now: standard

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Final 2010 Real Estate Statistics for Austin, TX

Okay Austinites, here are the final statistics for 2010.  In December 2010, residential sales of single family homes were down 3% in Austin compared to last December. In Lake Travis (includes Lakeway, Bee Caves and Spicewood), residential sales were down 13% compared to last December.

I have to say that December real estate was not quiet here in Austin.  The sales have finally picked up especially offers with my short sales.  It was a very interesting month and I have no idea why things finally picked up.  I saw plenty of cash buyers, mostly investors.

It was very interesting to see the slight increase in sales.  Come on, a 3% decline compared to last year isn't bad at all.  I wonder what 2011 will bring us?  Do you think that this is a good sign for our economy?