Subscribe Now: standard

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kung Hei Fat Choi, Year of the Ox, Happy Chinese New Year 2009!

What better place to celebrate the Chinese New Year than be here in Asia! Yes, I am currently in Manila, Philippines and the buzz in the news and papers is all about celebrating Chinese New Year, the year of the Ox!

To celebrate the New Year, the Chinese believe that eating certain foods bring them good luck. For example, eating noodles brings longer life; round items such as hopia or siopao symbolize a coin which brings prosperity; fresh food brings healthier life; and seafood ie a prawn showing a smiley face brings happiness.

Are you an Ox? The year of the Ox is said to be a lucky year for businesses which are based on its element which is the earth. These are businesses related to REAL ESTATE, construction and farming. Fantastic! As for me, I was born in the year of the Horse (if born in 1918, 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990 or 2002). If you think I was born in 1990, that makes me 19 this year. It is said that the horse must be cautious this year and be focused on their goals (so as not to waste energy). Helpful people will help come in pursuing projects. So far, this has been true as I am out of the country on family leave and I have hired an assistant to take care of my pending transactions, or projects. The horse’s career and wealth will increase and dreams will come true. Well it’s about time! Do you think Brad Pitt will ask me to marry him this year? LOL! The horse must be humble to avoid envious people who will get jealous and bring trouble. Okay, Angelina, hope you are reading this! Be careful in taking medicines and exercise regularly and avoid unhealthy and junk food. Okay, I am listening. The most favorable dates are 3/5 to 5/4, 7/7 to 8/6, 9/7 to 12/6; meanwhile moderately favorable dates are 2/2 to ¾, 5/5 – 6/4, 8/7 to 9/6.

I will let you know at the end of the year if my fortune has become a reality. After all, we could all hope that real estate will turn around for the better. Hurray for the year of the Ox!