Subscribe Now: standard

Friday, February 11, 2011

2 short sales - happy endings

I wanted to share with you 2 families that I helped with short sales last December.  Both sellers had two different circumstances and I was able to successfully help them get out of foreclosure.  Both homes were scheduled to go to auction in January and I closed both deals in December.

One seller was going thru a divorce.  Yes, divorce is a hardship and having one person staying behind without the substantial income to pay the mortgage and expenses associated with the home is acceptable to the bank.  The other is a homeowner that had a decrease in income.  They did not lose jobs but their hours were lessened, hence, less income.  A decrease in income is a hardship. 

A successful short sale is a win/win for the seller, they are not going to foreclosure; a buyer, who is getting a good deal and is able to help a seller get out of foreclosure; and me, the listing agent who is able to negotiate a short sale with the seller's lender, and the buyers agent who gets a full commission.  Tell me why someone should not consider short sale?

If you are in a situation where you cannot pay your mortgage, please do call me so I can discuss with you your options.  It is a simple 15 minute consultation, that's all.  Please call me at (512)786-7355 today!